• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Removal and revision of screws ORIF

Messages
2
Location
Warner Robins, GA
Please help with codes!

Surgeon previously performed ORIF of humerus (24516). Patient complains of shoulder pain, he finds 2 screws are loose. He removes them and then puts them back. I looked at 23473 but because it is joint repair, it is making me wonder if that is correct.

I was thinking 20680 for removal, but what about the revision of the hardware for the humeral ORIF?
 
This would fall in the global period if it's less than 90 days. I'm thinking a reduced service modifier and unplanned return to O.R. modifier using the same 24516 code. I hope to see some other feedback...I'd like to know for sure.
 
Top