Wiki J1010

LHelmers

New
Best answers
With the cancelling of J1020, J1030, and J1040 and replacing them with J1010, we still use different vials with some single dose and some multi-dose within the clinic. Single dose vials have the requirement of JZ if there is no waste. And if there is waste, are we now reporting the given and wasted on 2 different lines and JW on the wastage? Before, we didn't have to do this, as single unit was 40mg, but now a single unit is 1 unit. Can anyone help? Also, are we still reporting the NDC of the vial we give under the J1010. (So far we have 4 we would use, per the different strengths and multi vs single use)

Yes you would still have to report the Ndc number of the vial you are using. But my manager is saying you would not use the jz even for a single dose vial with this J1010. I am not sure about the jw for waste. I cannot wrap my head around this. We are going to try some without the modifier and see. We only give a million of these a day!! I have been reading here in the forums, so far no one knows for sure that I can find. Maybe it will be trial and error! Good luck!

Yes you would still have to report the Ndc number of the vial you are using. But my manager is saying you would not use the jz even for a single dose vial with this J1010. I am not sure about the jw for waste. I cannot wrap my head around this. We are going to try some without the modifier and see. We only give a million of these a day!! I have been reading here in the forums, so far no one knows for sure that I can find. Maybe it will be trial and error! Good luck!
Where are you located? I would recommend looking up your local MAC or payor guidance. We bill a JZ on all of our single use vials if no waste. Many of our payors follow Medicare so we do this across the board for all payors. If you are using multi use vials then this is not needed or required.