Wiki IPPS Payment System is what?

schanderson

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Good day all,

I am in the process of gathering intel for my physician who is wanting to understand what is payable for the procedures he does in a hospital setting and from what I am aware of it would be in the IPPS payment system. I have tried to look for it on the CMS site and found an odd file with a bunch of hospitals and it gives loads of information that I am not looking for. Is the IPPS system the one needed the payable amount or do I need to look elsewhere? I feel like I might be close, but not sure at all and yeah what a birthday present to me to dig into fee schedules. o_O

Good day all,

I am in the process of gathering intel for my physician who is wanting to understand what is payable for the procedures he does in a hospital setting and from what I am aware of it would be in the IPPS payment system. I have tried to look for it on the CMS site and found an odd file with a bunch of hospitals and it gives loads of information that I am not looking for. Is the IPPS system the one needed the payable amount or do I need to look elsewhere? I feel like I might be close, but not sure at all and yeah what a birthday present to me to dig into fee schedules. o_O

IPPS is the methodology for inpatient facility reimbursement. You may be familiar with the term MS-DRG (or just DRG) - that's IPPS.

Physicians will still be reimbursed according to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.

For services done in the facility, remember that your expected reimbursement will be at the rate in the facility column. (For CPTs that have both a facility and non-facility rate on the fee schedule.)