• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

inpatient hospice billing for physician not contracted through hospice provider

mstansell

New
Messages
4
Location
Waterford, MI
HELP!! My physician provided attending care for a patient of his for hospice. He is not contracted by the hospice provider. I am aware that I have to use the GV modifier but what HCPC code do I bill with for the days her oversaw the patients care....I was told to use the normal inpatient cpt codes but I think that is only if he was employed by the hospice provider. I found a Q5005 code but I am unsure if that is a one time code or is there a code I use for each day she was inpatient and he provided care until her demise? I have never done coding for hospice care so I am lost
 
Top