• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Inappropriate place of service denial-Palmetto

Messages
4
Location
Ringgold, GA
I bill for a CRNA who provides MAC anesthesia in a radiology office. He has done some liver biopsies that are being denied by Palmetto stating "inappropriate place of service"- I am billing POS 11. The code I am using is 00702 QZ QS. Palmetto will not provide me any information except to file an appeal. The MD has received payment on his portion and I've made sure I have correctly crosswalked it-they billed 47000. Am I missing something or are they denying these correctly? And if so, where can I find this information at? The rep could not provide me an explanation on why POS 11 was not appropriate-just that it wasn't.
 
Top