Wiki E/M Office visit - CPAP

I would not necessarily consider it as prescription "drug" management, however when reviewing the CPAP downloads this can be counted under data as independent interpretation since it is not seperately billable and therefore may meet moderate MDM if sleep apnea is not stable or the patient has other comorbidities.

This IS an interesting question. Never worked in the specialty, but my understanding is the physician needs to specify all sorts of information- type of mask, pressure, etc. and that incorrect settings can cause additional issues, or not help the apnea.
If I was reviewing documentation that specified all of this, and maybe even some of the risks, then I would count it as moderate risk. If it just said "CPAP machine nightly. Rx issued" and no other information, then I would count it as low risk.
Simply my opinion, as I was unable to find any specific reference for this.

Does anyone have any updated information on the original question? can a CPAP machine can be considered part of "Prescription drug management."

CPAP is not medication. It is DME (Durable medical equipment) such as oxygen equipment, wheelchairs, crutches or blood testing strips for diabetics.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration classifies medical devices based on their potential risks. CPAP devices are classified as Class II, or moderate to high risk. Class II medical devices require less regulation than Class III devices, but still need a prescription to rent or purchase.