Wiki Claim Edit Rationale

Best answers
I work for a colon rectal surgeon. He has a patient that has dysplasia of the anus. He removed some skin lesion - I used 11401 - with Dx code K62.82. My claim is being denied as the diagnoses and the procedure do not appropriately correspond. I am looking for any help I can get. The insurance refers me to CMS.GOV. 11401 is in Group 1 for CPT/HCPCS Codes. K62.82 is in Group 1 of ICD 10 Codes. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

I work for a colon rectal surgeon. He has a patient that has dysplasia of the anus. He removed some skin lesion - I used 11401 - with Dx code K62.82. My claim is being denied as the diagnoses and the procedure do not appropriately correspond. I am looking for any help I can get. The insurance refers me to CMS.GOV. 11401 is in Group 1 for CPT/HCPCS Codes. K62.82 is in Group 1 of ICD 10 Codes. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Which MAC is applicable for the service area? Are you looking at the correct LCD?

For the Novitas LCD, 11401 is a Group 2 CPT code, and K62.82 is not a Group 2 diagnosis.