Wiki Bilateral vaginal sulcus tear after delivery

Best answers
Hello,
I was hoping for some advice on a delivery our doctor did last night that resulted in vaginal lacerations. Another doctor was called in to assist in the operating room. Would I bill unlisted code 59899, as much as I hate to (and compare to 57200, colporrhaphy)? Being it was vaginal repair? Bilateral deep lacerations. I'll paste part of the report note in. And the assistant 59899, 80....Ty!

1726516418181.png

Per Codify, under 59300, "Vaginal and cervical tears are complications of delivery and their repair is not part of the episiotomy. Add a modifier 22, Increased procedural service to the delivery code if the repair is done at the time of delivery, or report a separate code if the repair is done at a separate operative session. To bill the repair of a cervical laceration, report 57720, Trachelorrhaphy, plastic repair of uterine cervix, vaginal approach. To bill for the repair of vaginal tears, report 59899, Unlisted procedure, maternity care and delivery and compare the work to 57200."

Good morning to all and Thank you very much to Cmama12 for your response! It's very helpful, and I will add this type of procedure to my notes to keep! Dear Cmama12, you mentioned Codify. Is that a subscription to their newsletters or a book or is it only a software that your work is using like our staff is using Encoder? It seems like Codify has more helpful resources than Encoder. To me, Encoder is not helpful to my specialties; that's why I value This Forum. I am not seeking to buy Codify software on my own but I wonder if they sell OBGYN specialty book or Newsletters etc.- something that 1 individual can buy. Thank you very much for all your help. All answers are welcomed! :)

Hi, Codify is the encoder software from AAPC. You could look for a Coding Companion book for OBGYN - mine is the Optum 360 one. You can find second-hand ones online. AAPC does have their own version, but I like to have a different source too.

Thank you very much! We use Optum Encoder. I am not a big fan but I have nothing to compare it with. Your comments with extractions are very helpful. I am falling in love with Codify! :)