Wiki Yearly Gyne Exams

kathy a

Guru
Best answers
Our physician states in his notes that -Rectal exam deferred at this time. Stool sample for occult blood test not indicated. Should I be billing for the occult blood test? When he states in his notes Hemmocult done I do bill for the 82270. Also can we bill for a rectal exam if performed, or is that part of the yearly exam? I know we can bill for the pap, however if other cultures are taken can we bill for those as well, or are they part of the yearly exam?
Thanks for your help. Kathy Albert:confused:

Our physician states in his notes that -Rectal exam deferred at this time. Stool sample for occult blood test not indicated. Should I be billing for the occult blood test? When he states in his notes Hemmocult done I do bill for the 82270. Also can we bill for a rectal exam if performed, or is that part of the yearly exam? I know we can bill for the pap, however if other cultures are taken can we bill for those as well, or are they part of the yearly exam?
Thanks for your help. Kathy Albert:confused:

No, I wouldn't bill for the occult test. He's stating there was no reason to do it ( not indicated)

If the recital exam was done, yes you'd bill for it as well . You'll find some carriers differ so best practice is to check their medical policies.