Wiki X-rays

Not with us and we take x-rays as a part of our protocol for our joint replacement patients at their 6 week exam. We get paid every time.

But then I'm in Florida, so it might be something with your local insurance carriers.

Not with us and we take x-rays as a part of our protocol for our joint replacement patients at their 6 week exam. We get paid every time.

But then I'm in Florida, so it might be something with your local insurance carriers.

Thanks John. I will check the local carrier policies but I think the F/U team is not appealing these and w/o.

We once had this issue when our local MAC did some "upgrade" in their system and we just made a quick call and got it resolved and they resubmitted all of our denied claims.

We were prepared to send in their own Global Package policy showing that x-rays' are not considered inclusive of the global period and it's expected for good patient care as it's the only way to monitor in the postop period.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
V codes typically will not get paid when they are the primary diagnosis code. Whatever the diagnosis has to be in the dictation but if they still have pain or a chronic condition try that for what you're taking the x-ray of. V codes should be billed as a secondary diagnosis or what you use for 99024 visits

V codes are perfectly acceptable codes as the first listed diagnosis. Some are first only allowed, and a few are secondary only allowed. It is incorrect to advise to not use a V code just because it is a V code.
The codes according to the poster are correct so the problem is something else entirely.

Thanks - I have a feeling the carriers are playing games and that the A/R folks need to do their thing. I wanted to make sure anyone else was having the same issue.