Wiki wound dehiscence

Korbc

Guru
Best answers
I have a patient who transferred care out of our practice for the remainder of her pre natal care but came back after delivery for wound dehiscence for her caesarean incision. We used no sutures but cleaned and placed hydrofera blue on it. We had them take home the hydrofera blue as well for regular dressing changes. I was thinking code 12021, although it's a Medicare patient with Medicaid as secondary, and it says Medicare my require just G0168 to just be reported in optum. So would I just code G0168, does that include the wound care and supplies or is there another supply code I should be adding to the G0168?

Thanks so much!

I have a patient who transferred care out of our practice for the remainder of her pre natal care but came back after delivery for wound dehiscence for her caesarean incision. We used no sutures but cleaned and placed hydrofera blue on it. We had them take home the hydrofera blue as well for regular dressing changes. I was thinking code 12021, although it's a Medicare patient with Medicaid as secondary, and it says Medicare my require just G0168 to just be reported in optum. So would I just code G0168, does that include the wound care and supplies or is there another supply code I should be adding to the G0168?

Thanks so much!
G0168 has 3.72 RVUs assigned to the code and includes physician work, practice expense and malpractice expense payments. So the hydrofera blue would be included when you report this code. As she is Medicare you must use this code rather than 12021 since this is the method you used.

G0168 has 3.72 RVUs assigned to the code and includes physician work, practice expense and malpractice expense payments. So the hydrofera blue would be included when you report this code. As she is Medicare you must use this code rather than 12021 since this is the method you used.
Thanks so much! always my hero!