Wiki Working from home - Online Coding and Billing

FallonCaster

Best answers
Does anyone know of companies that allow you to work from home? I had heard that most places that post online are scams.
One that I seen this week was with a company called Progressive Medical Group.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Work from Home

I know that Precyse Solutions and Pyramid Health are legit. If you go on the Contexo web site they have a job board with remote positions listed.

check out UASI United Audit Solutions Inc. I have worked from home with them for almost 4 years, I love the company

I thought Pyramid or Precyse only accepted the CCS credential from AHIMA. Does anyone know if they will consider a CPC credential when they state only the AHIMA credentials?

I thought Pyramid or Precyse only accepted the CCS credential from AHIMA. Does anyone know if they will consider a CPC credential when they state only the AHIMA credentials?

I am 90% sure they will accept the CPC for their outpatient coding positions. But even if it doesn't actually state it, I would still apply, the worst they can do is say no.

Cordelia, DRG Auditor, CCS, CPC

Does anyone know of companies that allow you to work from home? I had heard that most places that post online are scams.
One that I seen this week was with a company called Progressive Medical Group.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

There are MANY reputable and legitimate companies that employer coders to work at home, most, if not all, require coding experience, but they are certainly not scams. I have been working from home for about 3 years now.

Cordelia, DRG Auditor, CCS, CPC

Progressive Medical Group is a legit company, although I know nothing about them from the work-at-home coding angle. They are hospitalists.

I have worked remotely since 2007. Companies I have worked for are over the years are:
Precyse
Medassurant (which is now Inovalon, Inc)
Peak Health Solutions,
Outcomes Health Solutions
I currently work for Altegra Health which was formerly The Coding Source and has very recently bought Outcomes. I cannot say which of these are hiring at this point. Find their websites and see what you can find out.