Wiki Where to start...?

Coder07

Networker
Best answers
I have been auditing at my place of employment for about a year now and really enjoy it. I consider myself a beginner due to only auditing one provider (sometimes more) a month(sometimes not every month) anywhere between 10-40 notes (it is very inconsistent) and would like to expand my skills/knowledge in auditing. I have read the 95 and 97 guidelines but wanted to know what other resources I can read that will help me get a better understanding of auditing (how to's, rules, guidelines etc..). I do understand that there is no manual that can show me every scenario or what I can and cannot do in terms of auditing( I wish there was!) . The AAPC only has the prep exam for auditing but I would like to get more information before I go down this road.

Can anyone tell me where/how they started auditing?

All information will be appreciated!

Cost $90.00, but well worth it!

Medical Record Auditor, third edition, is an updated and revised guide that offers in-depth discussion of how medical records are structured and how to review medical records to determine level of service. It assists physicians in maintaining compliance with the government, insurance carriers and other agencies.

Edition/Year: Third
Publisher: American Medical Association
Softbound, 8?" x 11", 430 pages
ISBN#: 978-1-60359-294-9
Item#: OP301010
Authors: Deborah J. Grider