Wiki Where to find educational info on ortho coding

pnwcoder

Contributor
Best answers
I've been coding family practice/internal med clinics for about 6 years and feel very confident with my coding abilities. However my employer has taken on an ortho clinic in which I will be coding surgeries in addition to the office visits. Eventually I'm told there will be some training but for now I have to "wing it". Does anyone have suggestions of books, websites, webinars etc that could help me with understanding the procedures and verbiage used. I think I have hip and knee replacements down pretty good but fracture repairs are what I'm most concerned with. I'm looking forward to the challenge but am a little overwhelmed with feelings of where to start.

I've been coding family practice/internal med clinics for about 6 years and feel very confident with my coding abilities. However my employer has taken on an ortho clinic in which I will be coding surgeries in addition to the office visits. Eventually I'm told there will be some training but for now I have to "wing it". Does anyone have suggestions of books, websites, webinars etc that could help me with understanding the procedures and verbiage used. I think I have hip and knee replacements down pretty good but fracture repairs are what I'm most concerned with. I'm looking forward to the challenge but am a little overwhelmed with feelings of where to start.

AAOS website, Orthopedic Pink Sheets (you'll have to pay for), Margie Vaught is very good. Decision Health has great Conferences...I belive next one is in Sept 2011.

Karen Zupko has seminars and coding tips... go to her website and register.... AAPC is also a good website.