Wiki Where Can I Gain Experience?

Mwhite601

Best answers
Hi, my name is Melissa Badua. I recently graduated from Colorado Technical University with an Associate of Science in Medical Billing and Coding and was wondering where I can gain experience in the Medical field in Hattiesburg, MS?

Thank you,
Melissa Badua

Hey Mellissa when looking to get into the medical billing field with little to no experience it is best to try for a PFS (Patient Financial Services) position or Collections (anyone can do collections) you have to be trained their way so it's very easy to get into...a hospital is a good place to start. I knew someone who was just getting out of school and had no experience she started in the PFS and worked her way to collections which consisted of secondary billing then went to medical billing and is now a medical coder. Sometimes it takes a few steps but you can get there. Also some places have the entry level positions.
but just remember sometimes it only takes that foot in the door to open the rest of the doors to the top of the ladder. and usually within the medical billing or coding
field new jobs always open up within a few months period so 3 months PFS or Collections can mean a Billing position and within 6 months possibly a coding position or a step in the right direction for a better chance to reach what your goals are and with the experience you needed. Or go through Project X-tern.