Wiki When to use icd-10 code O07.4

KMO1963

New
Best answers
A patient came in for her well-woman exam stating she had an elective termination of pregnancy 6 weeks prior in another state. On exam her uterus was measuring 15 weeks, she then had a positive urine pregnancy test and +fetal heart tones. Would it be appropriate to code O07.4? I'm just trying to clarify how/when this code is used. Thanks

A patient came in for her well-woman exam stating she had an elective termination of pregnancy 6 weeks prior in another state. On exam her uterus was measuring 15 weeks, she then had a positive urine pregnancy test and +fetal heart tones. Would it be appropriate to code O07.4? I'm just trying to clarify how/when this code is used. Thanks
Great question for which there is no great answer. Is she seeking treatment for an unwanted pregnancy at this visit? We she following up on the previous abortion and this is what was being evaluated? I would discuss this with your provider. Given the overturn of Roe vs Wade I would be careful about reporting a visit dealing with abortion if in fact that is not why she was presenting.