Wiki What should I do next CPC?

Best answers
Hello! My name is Natalia I'm currently studying for the Medical Terminology Certification, the Anatomy Certification and the CPC certification. I'm completely lost on what I should do next when I finished what I'm doing now . I should take the CPC-P, CPB, CPMA?? What I should take first? What's going to be better for my career? I would appreciate the advices and tips.
Thank you for your time and wisdom

Naty :eek:

What to do.

I suggest completing the CPC, getting a job using those skills, then see how you like it. Time may tell what you will want to do next.

I agree with prayercoder 100%. When I was in school, I thought I wanted to be an auditor. Then, I swore that I only wanted to work inpatient. Now, I'm probably going for my CFPC in December.

Get your CPC and a job first and see "where the wind blows you." You don't have to think about this stuff right now

What to do

I agree with the previous posts. You need to get your core (CPC) certification first. Once you find a job you will find what path you want your career to take. I started with my CPC, and then our Medical Group purchased a general surgery practice, and I found my path.