Wiki What do you think?

julia9723

Best answers
Doctor A is not creditialed yet with a commerical insurance. Doctor A performs the surgery with Doctor B assisting. Doctor B bills the insurance with no mention of doctor A on the hcfa. The op report lists doctor A as the surgeon and doctor B as the assistant. My gut tells me this is wrong. What do you think?

Doctor A is not creditialed yet with a commerical insurance. Doctor A performs the surgery with Doctor B assisting. Doctor B bills the insurance with no mention of doctor A on the hcfa. The op report lists doctor A as the surgeon and doctor B as the assistant. My gut tells me this is wrong. What do you think?

Did doctor B bille CPT's without AS or 80 modifier?

It is wrong for many reasons. First it is a false claim, second credentialing is the whim of the payer. If the surgeon was not credentialed then this needed to be explained to the patient prior to surgery so the patient could accept or decline the out of network status of the surgeon. There are many reasons a payer May not credential a provider and he cannot be disguised as a different provider for payment