Wiki What are coding programs like, Encoder, SuperCoder Epic etc?

Best answers
Does anybody know of a program to try and experience coding, like Endcoder, SuperCoder etc? I've never experienced an encoder program and would like to try one.

Does anybody know of a program to try and experience coding, like Endcoder, SuperCoder etc? I've never experienced an encoder program and would like to try one.

The program formerly known as TCI SuperCoder is now Codify. You can check that out on the AAPC website, and there also should be options to do a free trial to check it out.

EncoderPro is another one - I don't know how much it costs for an individual subscription or if there are any free trials for individual users. I've been using EncoderPro for the past year or so, because my current employer provides access. I don't mind it.

FindACode is another one that is generally affordable for individual purchase and has a free trial. That's the one I typically use when I don't have access to an employer-paid subscription. (HCC Coder is owned by the same company as FindACode and I find that the search functionality is very similar.)

There are other products like 3M, TruCode, and more. I've only ever accessed those through an employer, and I'm not sure if they sell individual subscriptions. (I personally don't like 3M anyhow, so I've never looked into using it as an individual.)

You mentioned Epic in the thread title - that's an EMR, not an encoder, and it is only available through an employer access.

There are definitely many options out there. I think most do offer some type of short free trial. Everyone I know simply uses whatever encoder software their employer provides them with. I don't know any coders who chose to pay out of their own pocket for different software. Also, depending on the level of subscription, some have additional bells and whistles. Which bells and whistles are important to you is a consideration, especially if you are paying for it yourself.
My employer pays for Codify, so that's what I use. When we were a small private practice, I used SpeedECoder because they were low cost, but still provided all the basic information I needed.
I imagine all of them have NCCI edits, additional information about the codes, incorporated or links to NCD/LCD, RVU (and breakdown), and a claim scrubber (could vary based on subscription level).
Many EHR programs have at least some level of claim checking software. How your employer configured their exact EHR could mean you never need to check NCCI or NCD/LCD, or they don't implement those tools within the EHR and coders need to check prior to entering to avoid denials.