Wiki Wanting Redacted E/m visits

KellyLR

Expert
Best answers
Hello Everyone,

I don't really know how to ask anyone this but here goes. I would like more practice in developing my E/M skills. Does anyone know where I could go and receive practice E/m visits? I want to build my skills so I can prepare for the E/M credential. I have plenty from work but somehow I feel like this isn't enough. Any books, websites, etc. would be appreciated. Free is even better, I realize AAPC has Code-A-Round and i intend on taking advantage of that.

Thank you for any insight.

KellyLR:)

The E&MUniversity link is really good. But as you work thru each case be aware of your Medicare FI (Trailblazer) specific guidelines. For example, we use Texas Trailblazer Guidelines and TTB counts the MDM section differently than the Trailblazer guidelines used in several other states

I'm very aware of Trailblazer

Thanks for the tips ladies! I'm familiar enough with Trailblazer to know they are the only contractor to use a slightly different E/M worksheet. I downloaded it a while back and it is 4 pages. I opted to use a more friendlier w/s because I am in CA, Palmetto's and not Trailblazer district. BTW, Palmetto has their E/M calculator online, which I found impressive but doesn't help me too much. The coding university I use, maybe i should locate more E/M stuff there and just practice. I think I'll just bite it and take on the Trail challenge! I never know when i might have to depend on it to save my tail.

Thanks again for your advice!

KellyLR:)