Wiki WANTED: urogynecology & urodynamic coder (remote)

jschmutz

Guru
Best answers
Aviacode is seeking remote medical coders with experience in urogynecology and urodynamic coding to review provider coding, offer corrections and provide education.

Reports to: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Employment Status: Remote Contracted (1099) Position
Position: PT or FT
Pay: Between $20-$60 per hour based on production
Hours: Between 20-40+ hours per week

Responsibilities:
  • E/M and procedure coding and coding review for the Urology and Gynecology Department.
  • Providing feedback and educating the department.

Qualifications:
  • Current CPC (or equivalent) required
  • Current CEMC preferred, but not required
  • Must have 3+ years of current (within past 12 months) urology, gynecology, urogynecology and urodynamic coding experience.
  • Understanding of Global Periods
  • Understanding of Billing Modifiers
  • Understanding of CCI, LCD, NCD edits

Requirements:
  • Working knowledge of coding/billing in EPIC system a plus, not a requirement
  • Coding/Billing knowledge in multiple specialties including, but not limited to:
    • Evaluation and Management
    • Urology
    • Gynecology
    • Urogynecology
    • Urodynamic Coding
  • Pass a coding test
  • Must have a windows based OS (not a MAC)
  • Minimum of 20 hours per week

If you feel this is a position for you and meet the above requirements please send an email to Jennifer.Schmutz@aviacode.com using the subject header, "Urogyn and Urodyn Coder - INSERT YOUR NAME" and in the body of the email please briefly summarize your experience. Do not send a resume at this time. Do not reply to this post. Position closes 4/30/2015.

About Aviacode:
Aviacode is a premier provider of technology-enabled medical coding and auditing services. Our proprietary software and dynamic workflow improves the accuracy and efficiency of medical coding. Healthcare providers who use our accurate and compliant coding services experience optimized reimbursements and fewer denials.

reply to Katyatbeach

I will get my resume together and send it right away! I have been a urology coder for 18 plus years and recently passed my CPC exam!

Thanks, but I don't need your resume. You just need to send me an email briefly summarizing your experience. We will contact you for your resume if we are interested. Thanks Jen

HI just getting this.

I will get my information together and send it to you. Even if this opportunity has passed, please keep it on file for possible future opportunities. Thank you in advance. You will have it by the end of the day.

Tori Ryan
tori_ryan24@hotmail.com