Wiki Visits post delivery

jay7408

New
Best answers
Is anyone billing for hospital visits post-delivery for complications? For example, a patient is being managed for gestational HTN do you bill a subsequent? Also, if a patient is being managed on Magnesium Sulfate for preeclampsia are you billing for these hospital visits? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!

There was a recently posted similar question- can we bill for complications after Delivery. And the answer was Yes, because Delivery global package codes do not have 90 days global. Also, the above Dx are not included into normal delivery package, it's outside of regular care, so, I would say, you can bill for it. I am not an expert and still learning.. The expert Nielynco will respond to you when she comes back from vacation ( please check the answer in a few weeks) and hopefully other experienced coders will respond. We are all learning! :)

I agree that additional treatment for a complication is billable outside global maternity. I find that not all providers document this well enough to bill as outside global maternity. If your providers are sufficiently documenting, you should bill or this.