Wiki Visit note

debdebc

Networker
Best answers
I have a provider that had abnormal MRI results that she wanted to discuss with the patients parent. She did a note but can this be billed if this the patient was not seen and is there a specific diagnosis code and E/M code that should be used. Thanks!

I have a provider that had abnormal MRI results that she wanted to discuss with the patients parent. She did a note but can this be billed if this the patient was not seen and is there a specific diagnosis code and E/M code that should be used. Thanks!
If he patient was not seen, was this a phone or video visit? Depending on the payer, there are phone codes, if so and criteria is met, I would use the diagnosis for abnormal diagnostic imaging of the whichever area it pertained to.

This was a face to face with the patients father. He came into the office and saw the provider. Can that be billed since it was a face to face encounter? And thank you for your quick response.

If he patient was not seen, was this a phone or video visit? Depending on the payer, there are phone codes, if so and criteria is met, I would use the diagnosis for abnormal diagnostic imaging of the whichever area it pertained to.
This was a face to face with the patients father. He came into the office and saw the provider. Can that be billed since it was a face to face encounter? And thank you for your quick response.