Wiki vascular

rconpatton

Contributor
Best answers
Good Morning, I need help

Access was gained from the left common femoral artery. A 5f sheath was placed, using a RIM catheter and an 0.035 GWA wire, reached the aortic bifurcation and performed an angiogram here. Then crossed over to the right side with the wire and advanced the wire all the way to the right proximal SFA. Exchanged the short 5F catheter to a long 6F destination sheath (45cms). Through the sheath at the right SFA level performed an angiogram with distal runoff on the right side. then pulled the sheath back into the left CIA and exchanged the long sheath to a short 6F sheath. through this sheath, performed an angiogram at the left CFA level with a left distal runoff. Performed an angiogram of the left groin, removed sheath and deployed a Mynx Closure device for hemostasis.

The codes I came up with are: 36247,75716(I forgot to put readings in this thread but this was done bilaterally) and 75625. I get confused with 75630, I think that code includes 75716 and has to state renal were looked at as well. My confusion comes with the catheter selection any help would be so much appreciated.:)

Thanks

Rachel, CPC

Good Morning, I need help

Access was gained from the left common femoral artery. A 5f sheath was placed, using a RIM catheter and an 0.035 GWA wire, reached the aortic bifurcation and performed an angiogram here. Then crossed over to the right side with the wire and advanced the wire all the way to the right proximal SFA. Exchanged the short 5F catheter to a long 6F destination sheath (45cms). Through the sheath at the right SFA level performed an angiogram with distal runoff on the right side. then pulled the sheath back into the left CIA and exchanged the long sheath to a short 6F sheath. through this sheath, performed an angiogram at the left CFA level with a left distal runoff. Performed an angiogram of the left groin, removed sheath and deployed a Mynx Closure device for hemostasis.

The codes I came up with are: 36247,75716(I forgot to put readings in this thread but this was done bilaterally) and 75625. I get confused with 75630, I think that code includes 75716 and has to state renal were looked at as well. My confusion comes with the catheter selection any help would be so much appreciated.:)

Thanks

Rachel, CPC

I would not bill 75625 or 75630 as a complete abdominal aortogram was not performed.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Jim,

Could you break down the 75625 and 75630 for me please. These really confuse me and thanks for responding.

Basically, 75625 is where the catheter is placed around the level of the renal arteries. Contrast is injected and the renal arteries are described along with the aorta. 75630 is when the catheter again is placed at the renals, and contrast is injected for imaging of the abdominal aorta and bilateral extremities from the same catheter position. Now go back to the the first scenario, the aortogram is performed. Then the catheter is moved to the aortic bifurcation, and both legs are imaged. Then you code 75716 for bilateral extremities. So then what is coded is 36200, 75625, and 75716.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC