Wiki Vascular coding

gnuno76

New
Best answers
Need a little help with coding the following:

Left popliteal to dorsalis pedis artery bypass
incision made below the knee, the below-knee popliteal artery, was exposed via a medial knee incision extending to proximal calf. The popliteal artery was patent.

I then made an incision at the foot over the DP artery. Dissected this controlled small branches and isolated it with a vessel loop. I then tunneled a graft 4 mm arte graft. Gave heparin 6000. I then clamped the popliteal and longitudinal arteriotomy was done, Proximal anastomosis to the artery was done with 6-0 prolene suture. Bypass was flushed well. Palpable pulse strong. Next, The distal anastomosis to the dorsalis pedis artery was done with 7-0 prolened suture. Hemostasis was achieved after graft flow was restored. Distal flow was confirmed with doppler
Prohesion collagen was applied to the wounds. The incisions were closed in layers with vicryl, skin stappler for the knee, vicryl and nylon interrupted sutures for the foot incision

Need a little help with coding the following:

Left popliteal to dorsalis pedis artery bypass
incision made below the knee, the below-knee popliteal artery, was exposed via a medial knee incision extending to proximal calf. The popliteal artery was patent.

I then made an incision at the foot over the DP artery. Dissected this controlled small branches and isolated it with a vessel loop. I then tunneled a graft 4 mm arte graft. Gave heparin 6000. I then clamped the popliteal and longitudinal arteriotomy was done, Proximal anastomosis to the artery was done with 6-0 prolene suture. Bypass was flushed well. Palpable pulse strong. Next, The distal anastomosis to the dorsalis pedis artery was done with 7-0 prolened suture. Hemostasis was achieved after graft flow was restored. Distal flow was confirmed with doppler
Prohesion collagen was applied to the wounds. The incisions were closed in layers with vicryl, skin stappler for the knee, vicryl and nylon interrupted sutures for the foot incision
The popliteal-tibial/peroneal bypass graft codes also includes other distal vessels per 35571 and it's coding tips.

Hope this helps.