Wiki V22.1

rich203

Best answers
Please Help- I have a patient that was a problem OB patient and during the visit 76805 was performed. The dx was 656.63 for excessive growth - for the next two months the Dr. did 76805 each time on the OV's - with a dx as V22.1 - I am having denials for the two with the V22.1 dx ( the insurance is saying there is a more specific dx code to use) Any ideas to help me ? I really am confused on this. Thank you so much for your help!

Depending on the documentation in the record you should continue using 656.63, if the problem was the uterus and not the fetus you can look at 649.63 "Uterine size date discrepancy", or you can try V89.04 " Suspected problem with fetal growth not found". Check the record to determine the correct code.

Thank you so much- I checked the patients records and no documentation on the latter two sono's - I emailed the Dr. and asked for documentation to be added if this was the reason for the sonograms. I did not know about the V89.04 code - That might be an option if I can get the documentation to support - Thank you again for your help!