Wiki V22.0 v22.1

Best answers
Hi!

Someone please help me convice my staff that V22.0 and V22.1 is for the number of preg in general whether ectopic, spon ab and induced abortions.
They are thinking that normal means actual birth. In my opinion delivery does not apply.

Thank you,
Gallagher14

You are correct. When a doctor asks you how many times you have been pregnant and then how many births you have had, you will notice that sometimes these numbers are different due to miscarriage, etc.... have them look at the notes where it says (example) G4 P2 Actually ob's that I worked with in the pasts would look like this G4 P0112, sorry I can't remember what order they were listed in but each of the four columns represented miscarriage, abortion, etc but I do know that the last number represents live births and those numbers always add up to the G number unless there was a multiple birth and they would always state this after the GP statement. Just because you had a miscarriage doesn't discount that that was a pregnancy. Therefore you are correct that V22.0 for normal very first pregnancy and V22.1 for additional pregnancy regardless of whether you have any living children at the time. Of course if the current pregnancy is a tubal, missed AB, etc..then you would be coding complication codes from the maternity section.

Hope this helps you make your point:)