Wiki Universal healthcare

007CPC

Best answers
Hi,

Would someone be willing to explain the impact universal healthcare will have on the demand for reimbursement employees???

What will happen when health insurance companies have no more reason to compete???

Interesting and scary thought but they still have our positions in countries that are already operating under those systems.

I know they have coders in Canada and the UK. In fact a similar job to mine was offered in northern England last summer and the pay in US dollars was $80,000 to $120,000 per year based on experience. I got a call from a recruiter on a job in Canada earlier this year and it paid pretty good as well.

I'm being optomistic but it is really hard to say what will happen.

Of course if all the doctors retire and no new doctors go into buisness because the risk is too high and the reimbursement is too low we are going to be in a world of hurt even if they don't go to universal healthcare.

I guess this is something else I need to do more research on, incase I have to come up with a plan B.

Laura, CPC

Interesting and scary thought but they still have our positions in countries that are already operating under those systems.

I know they have coders in Canada and the UK. In fact a similar job to mine was offered in northern England last summer and the pay in US dollars was $80,000 to $120,000 per year based on experience. I got a call from a recruiter on a job in Canada earlier this year and it paid pretty good as well.

Of course if all the doctors retire and no new doctors go into buisness because the risk is too high and the reimbursement is too low we are going to be in a world of hurt even if they don't go to universal healthcare.

I guess this is something else I need to do more research on, incase I have to come up with a plan B.

Laura, CPC

I am too currently working on plan B. But recently I had to switch plan B to plan A.... I hate this healthcare system....

Laura, CPC

Katmryn78,

I think you are pointing at job opportunities that are applicable to about 30%(maybe I am being generous with that percentage) of the people in their industry; that is scary.... People think the economy is bad now... what is going to happen when their are only one payer for health insurance??? How are billers going to list any sign or symptom to collect when their will be nothing to collect....I know healthcare personnel, are living according to their standard, adding too their small fortunes in profiting off others health problems; I will not part-take in such an operation although I get an "opportunity" every month to work for these individuals...