Wiki Type of service 40

Swilb108

New
Best answers
Good morning, I work for a DCE company. I am trying to read a report where claims are connected with a modifier "40" as type of service. Modifier 40 as TOS. I am googling, checking the CPT book and HCPCPS book, I am not finding this TOS, of course we know about the unassigned modifier POS 40. Does anyone ever heard about it? Please help.

I don't follow what you are saying here - Modifiers, Type of Service codes and Place of Service codes are three different things. I don't understand what you mean by 'claims are connected with a modifier'. Can you clarify this or provide an example or some context to your question?

I don't follow what you are saying here - Modifiers, Type of Service codes and Place of Service codes are three different things. I don't understand what you mean by 'claims are connected with a modifier'. Can you clarify this or provide an example or some context to your question?
It is a financial report, Medicare uses "numbers" to describe the services, but "I think" I found the information needed. I think it refers to the combination of physical, speech and occupational therapies done as outpatient services. Thank you!

I still have to research more to make sure. If you familiar with Medicare Financial reports and know for sure what "type of service is 40", please let me know.

Last edited: