Wiki TURBT plus

greendm

Networker
Best answers
I would appreciate any input for the following: "The urethra was dilated to 28 Fr using Van Buren sounds. The 27Fr resectoscope sheath and obturator was advanced into the bladder. The 24Fr loop and Iglesias working element was attached to the sheath. The lesions were completely resected and deep tissue was also obtained. Next, the decision was made to vaporize some of the prostate between the 5 and 7 o'clock position to facilitate placement of the foley catheter and to eliminate the false passage. In the process of doing this a UroLift implant was encountered. It was removed. However, the suture could not be cut with the button element. Attempts at cutting with our flexible scissors was unsuccessful. Next, a 200 micron holmium laser fiber was used to cut the suture allowin the remaining suture to retract into the prostate." This was a TURBT for 2cm tumor. Not sure what else I can code for here. Thank you to anyone who can help.

I see CPT 52235, 52315 for the removal of urolift. But 52315 not allowed with 52235, I'd look in the chart. See if a prior TURP was done, this may lead to 52630 + 52235. If not indication of a prior TURP is in the chart, ask the physician. Say you see notation of false passage, is it a TURP. To add CPT 52601.