Wiki Thrombectomy case

coders_rock!

Best answers
Good day,

Please help me code this case, I am not sure. Thank you.

A wire was placed into the inferior vena cava. Venogram demonstrated occlusion of the brachial axillary and subclavian. This was traversed and balloon angioplasty and atherectomy was performed. tPA was then administered and again post-ballooned with excellent resolution, excellent flow, minimal residual thrombus, no stenosis with brisk flow, and no collateralization due to such brisk flow through the main channel of the brachial axillary subclavian into the superior vena cava. The catheters were then removed. The arm was wrapped

Good day,

Please help me code this case, I am not sure. Thank you.

A wire was placed into the inferior vena cava. Venogram demonstrated occlusion of the brachial axillary and subclavian. This was traversed and balloon angioplasty and atherectomy was performed. tPA was then administered and again post-ballooned with excellent resolution, excellent flow, minimal residual thrombus, no stenosis with brisk flow, and no collateralization due to such brisk flow through the main channel of the brachial axillary subclavian into the superior vena cava. The catheters were then removed. The arm was wrapped

Is there more to this report?, where is the access? what is the medical necessity?

:confused: