Wiki thoracoscopy, partial pneumonolysis

cindyssmilin

New
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Need some assistance please...

Note:
Left chest as prepped and draped in a sterile manner. The left lung was taken off the ventilator circuit. 2 small incisions were made in the left lateral chest wall, and a 5 mm 0 thoracoscope was inserted. the left pleural space was completely obliterated, and with great difficulty the left lung was incompletely mobilized. Multiple air leaks were created by unintentional violation of the lung. The adhesions were extremely tenacious and required sharp and blunt dissection to mobilize the lung. About one half of the lung mobilized...

2 subpleural On-Q catheters were placed and brought through separate stab incisions in the skin. 28 French chest tube was place with the posterior port site and positioned posterior laterally to the apex. The chest tube was attached to a collection system and sutured to the skin with 2-0 nylon. ....

Question:

My doc did a lot of pneumonolysis in this procedure but I cannot find a thoracoscopy code that includes this without decortication. The best fitting codes I can find are:
32601-22

Any other suggestions? All advice is GREATLY appreciated!