Wiki tendon sheath....any opinions please

richelle25

Guru
Best answers
Hi-
I have submitted this question in the past with no response..other than a misc. code, any suggestions on an open debridement of patellar tendon sheath?? thanks for any opinions!!

Sherry

Hey Sherry, was anything else done with this? Or did surgeon only do this tendon sheath debridement. The reason I ask is this may be bundled in whatever else is being done....but if not bundled then this would be represented by an unlisted CPT 27599 and I think I would compare the charge to 27380. With the claim be sure to attach the Operative note so the insurance can see what you're trying to represent with the unlisted code. I even go so far as to attach a cover letter explaining to the carrier that there is no current CPT for the procedure that was done and that I'm properly using the unlisted code per CPT guidelines. Good Luck!

Jenna

Thank you so much...he has done this procedure twice in the past and I have been "lucky" that other procedures have been done with it..but with this surgery, we are in the pre-cert level still ...just getting everything in a row..thanks again!

Sherry