Wiki Telephone Services Codes 99441-99443

calorom2

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know if Medicare is now paying codes 99441-99443 due to Coronavirus? I didn't see the codes listed in any of their releases/publications. Just info about telehealth/telemedicine.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if Medicare is now paying codes 99441-99443 due to Coronavirus? I didn't see the codes listed in any of their releases/publications. Just info about telehealth/telemedicine.

Thank you!
No, medicare does not pay for the phone codes listed above, but look at G2012. They do cover that for virtual check in which can be a 5-10 min phone call.

No, medicare does not pay for the phone codes listed above, but look at G2012. They do cover that for virtual check in which can be a 5-10 min phone call.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Not sure what state you are in but Ohio State Law is allowing these codes to be processed and paid by Medicare as of 3/17/20. Check your local state laws as most are overriding the existing rules regarding these codes.

Attachments

• BROUSE-#1090349-v1-CCOC_-_Telemedicine_memo-1.pdf
    188 KB · Views: 22
Medicare does pay for 99421-23. However, they have to be done using a synchronous communication method. Normally that has to be done using a HIPAA compliant platform. However, with emergency waivers currently in place, they may be done using Skype or FaceTime. These codes require real time audio visual communication whereas the "G" codes may be done with just telephone conversation with the patient using G2012.
I was asking about codes 99441-99443 telephone services not 99421-99423 but thank you!

Medicare does pay for 99421-23. However, they have to be done using a synchronous communication method. Normally that has to be done using a HIPAA compliant platform. However, with emergency waivers currently in place, they may be done using Skype or FaceTime. These codes require real time audio visual communication whereas the "G" codes may be done with just telephone conversation with the patient using G2012.