Wiki Telehealth Modifier

jbhuju

Guru
Best answers
hello,.
this is little too late to ask the question but i want to have little information on telehealth. for commercial insurance we use modifier 95 for telehealth ( audio/video) . my question is do we use that modifier for both audio/ video and audio only.
we are using 95 for audio video and audio only and we are getting paid. but i heard there is different modifier for audio only. so please help.
thank you :)

I'm not aware of any other modifier for audio only but modifiers & place of service for telehealth during the pandemic is very payer specific. The best thing you can do is to go to all of your major payer websites, find their COVID-19 guidance in regards to telehealth and create a reference chart for yourself.

I'm not aware of any other modifier for audio only but modifiers & place of service for telehealth during the pandemic is very payer specific. The best thing you can do is to go to all of your major payer websites, find their COVID-19 guidance in regards to telehealth and create a reference chart for yourself.
thank you so much :) i though the same .

You're welcome. I wish there was an easier answer - it's a lot of work up front to gather that info but relatively easy to keep up to date once you have :)