Wiki Telehealth Code Updates

Unfortunately, I think this is going to be a payer by payer decision. When telehealth was first expanded, most carriers created a policy that they would cover telehealth on a temporary basis during the pandemic. Some of the carriers already extended their timeframe. I am not aware of any payer already ending telehealth coverage.

The biggest changes I have heard about is payers ending reimbursement for phone only visits and moving towards only paying for true telehealth visits (video and audio). MassHealth (Mass Medicaid program) is moving in that direction. Also curious what other payers are doing.

With the telehealth visits using E/M codes, and the exam element being omitted for 2021, can a telehealth visit be coded with a 99202 if they have never treated the patient before?

Yes, the telehealth (even now), and all office E/M starting 2021 may be billed on either MDM or time.

Hello,
I have a question regarding modifier 95. If the provider performed and AWV and an Office visit do we append Modifier 95 to both CPT codes?

Sample:
G0439 (95)
99213 (25) (95)?

Please advise.

Does anyone have information on 2021 Telehealth Code Updates by payers or any resources that might assist in finding this information?
Hello,
I have attached a CMS update released 12/08/2020. I also found a CMS - youtube video- very informative.

Attachments

• COVID_FFS-Inclusive_FAQs-updated_12.8.2020(3).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Does anyone have information on 2021 Telehealth Code Updates by payers or any resources that might assist in finding this information?
Hello Tina,

Please see attached CMS release 12/08/2020 - hope this helps

Attachments

1.2 MB · Views: 5
With the telehealth visits using E/M codes, and the exam element being omitted for 2021, can a telehealth visit be coded with a 99202 if they have never treated the patient before?
Hello,
I have attached a CMS update released 12/08/2020, plus MLN CMS - E/M service guide. I also found a CMS- Telehealth - youtube video- very informative.
I also attached the AMA CPT guide I found in their website.
Hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwics_jRvdHtAhW7JzQIHQcLCCUQtwIwAHoECAEQAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBsp5tIFnYHk&usg=AOvVaw3hi-AUQ6HGrvlsYypifucY

Attachments

1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • cpt-office-prolonged-svs-code-changes effective 01.01.2021.pdf
    344.3 KB · Views: 7
  • mln_icn_006764_evaluation_and_management_services_final(1).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 10