Wiki Taking The CPC Exam and Preparation

Best answers
Hey Everyone I am taking my CPC exam for the third time. I took it in 2009 twice and didn't pass, but this time I did somethings different. I have a tutor from a college in Jackson and she has been tutoring me since June. I have also brought the study guide. :D I am nervous, but time has met prepartation. I was wondering if someone can give me some advice for this last week to prepare for the exam. PLEASE HELP!!!!:D:D:D

I agree with CodingKing. The practice exams you should start on like right now. Reason behind this is that after you answer the questions, there is a link to "view rationale." A lot of these give you valuable information that you can write next to the code sets in your books, such as guideline tips and coding bundles etc. You are allowed to write all the notes you want in your books just as long as they aren't actual practice exam questions with answers. Make sure your books are tabbed, highlighted, and written in. I just took my exam this past Saturday so I don't even know if I passed yet, I just know these things helped me prepare and to not even come close to running out of time. I still had about an hour left when I was done because of how tabbed my book was. Don't use the index to look up every code either. Have the numbers written on your tabs (1000-2000) and things like that, and go right to the codes listed in the answers. Of course there are times where you want to check the index first, depending on the procedure or diagnosis, but that all comes with preference and your knowledge of the different sections.