Wiki Surgical tray

plschmacht

Best answers
When a patient presents for a follow up on a procedure and a dressing change is done, how are the supplies coded out or are they included in the global? We have been discussing as whether to bill the dressing (we use the A4550 code) with the 99024.

Thanks

I just noticed in the December 2014 Isssue of AAPC Healthcare Business Monthly the article on supply cabinet states one practice lost thousands of dollars for not charging surgical trays HCPC A4550. Who is reimbursing for this service? I have found most carriers are bundling this to a procedure, so how could the practice lose thousands for not billing this? You can bill it, but most likely it would then be adjusted due to carrier policy from what I have seen. I would like to hear others opinions on this

Yes, I cannot find anywhere that states the surgical tray would be paid for and have never seen reimbursement when it was billed. I have a provider that wants to be reimbursed for cleaning, prepping the instruments and wanting a code to bill for it. I believe it is inclusive to the procedure and am trying to find supporting documentation to show her.

We have never been reimbursed by Medicare or Medicaid, but occasionally a private insurance or workers comp will cover a small amount for a surgical tray A4550.