Wiki surely someone has an opinion?

kayroserey@cox.net

Networker
Best answers
I know this isn't your area of expertise, but surely someone has an opinion? This doc is just reading the fluoroscopic images for a nasogastric tube placement. The code is 43752 which includes the fluoriscopic imagery etc. Can I use this code with the modifier -52-26 for the radiologist. Please advise.

I don't see where you can't use the 52 modifier with 43752,Is there a reason as to why you want to use the 52 mod. For a reduced service? Our radiologist don't use the 26 mod.

52 would not be correct for this because this is a surgical code that includes guidance. You can not reduce the surgical portion out of it.

52 is appropriate for S&I codes when only the reading is done and those are codes in the 70000's

The correct code for this would be an xray code sense there was only one "VIEW" the Abd.- Please remember an image is not the same as a view so you may have multiple images but only one view. (All the doctor is doing is reading an images/xray)

I would use 74000 (26 if you are only billing for the professional component-- If the radiologist did not own the eqip.)

Hope this helps!

Any other opinions?

Last edited: