Wiki suprapubic cath change documentation ????

Best answers
:confused:this is the typical documentation i see in regards to catheter change, along with a list of supplies used listed on the charge ticket:
HPI:
History of Present Illness
This 81 year old male presents with:
1. coumadin use
This 81-year-old man with coronary artery disease, right lower extremity DVT on Coumadin, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence with suprapubic catheter, and insomnia is here for followup. Recently we stopped his Coumadin due to a significantly high pro time. He's had no bleeding evident. He's had no nosebleeds, gum bleeding, blood in the urine or blood in the bowels. He's had no change in chronic chest pain, and there is no increased shortness of breath. There is no nausea, vomiting, change in chronic constipation or other GI symptoms. He has his suprapubic catheter changed once a month usually by Tammy, but she was not here. After discussing this with him he was okay with me changing his catheter. His INR on 12-3 was 5.62. His glucose was 137 with a BUN of 17 and a creatinine of 1.1. The CBC was unremarkable. Today's INR is down to 1.32.
from exam:
GENITOURINARY:
COMMENTS: i changed his suprapubic catherter today without problem

SUPPLIES:
cath tray
10cc syringe
22cudea catheter, or 16Fr cath
urinal
drainage bag

what supplies do i bill for? what all is needed to bill for 51705?

ok i see 42 ppl have viewed my question, but nobody has offered a reply. either it is a dumb question, or nobody knows.
thank you.

Last edited: