Wiki Supporting documentation on level 5

Best answers
Hi Everyone,

Does any one have the idea about the level 5 interventions on the facility side guidelines especially on the below particular vital interventions.

Requires frequent monitoring of multiple vital signs (ie. 02 sat, BP, cardiac rhythm, respiratory rate)

This point alone to support level 5. Kindly share your views

Thanks,

Seenivasan CPC, CEDC

On the facility side there are no standard guidelines for the E&M. Each facility is required to make their own set of guidelines for each level. So it depends on what your facility guidelines state is criteria for a level 5 service.

Thanks Mitchellde.

However still i am having doubt on that. Since we are following ACEP guideline is there any specification to identify that. Let me give an example

If patient comes with Headache and treated with Po medication given in ED with 3 set of vital signs reviewed. So Kindly suggest which level it will support?

Regards,

It really does depend on your facility guidelines, since each facility gets to decide what criteria is needed for each level of service. There are criteria that has to met for these guidelines but they are very broad so no two facilities will be the same. You must have your facility's set of guidelines to determine a level of service in your facility. Without that I cannot assist you.