Wiki Subcutaneous mass L4-L5

ortho1991

Guru
Best answers
Hi I hope someone can help with this.

Excision o subcutaneous mass L4-L5 and placement of 1/8 round hemovac drain.

A 1-1/2 long skin incision directly over the L4-L5 interspace. The incision centered directly over the palpable mass. We then dissected down through the subcutaneous tissue to the underlying soft tissue mass. We simply began to dissect the mass free. It did not appear to be attached to the underlying fascia with the exception of one central point in betwee the spinous processes of L4 and L5, where there appeared to be almost a stalk associated with this. Again , this was all consistent with the spinous processes bursa that had basically grown out of that interspinous space at L4-L5. The stalk was incised and the entire specimen was removed and sent to pathology. Again, it was benigh in gross appearance.

At this point, we had quite a large pocket, where the mass had been removed from. Despite the fact that we had excellent hemostasis, we were concerned at least somewhat about possibility of seroma formaation Therefore, 1/8 inch Hemovac drain was placed into the cavity and the rigth lower aspect of her back. This was through a separte stab incision.

Not sure how to code this! I looked at 11400 but he does not state a size. I could not find anything that fit under the spine section.

Any suggestion will be very much appreciated

Thank you in advance for your help.