Wiki subacromial decompression

scooter1

Expert
Best answers
This is from the operative report :
"The arthroscope was placed in the subacromial space. A bursectomy and soft tissue
subacromial decompression was carried out. The coracoacromial ligament was not taken down and a formal decompression was not carried out because there was enough space and I wanted to protect the subscapularis."
Would this warrant 29826 ? It sounds more like a debridement to me and would be
29822. Doctor states 29826. He also did a rotator cuff repair ( 29827), so this would be the secondary procedure.
Please help, I would appreciate any answers or advice. Thank you

This is from the operative report :
"The arthroscope was placed in the subacromial space. A bursectomy and soft tissue
subacromial decompression was carried out. The coracoacromial ligament was not taken down and a formal decompression was not carried out because there was enough space and I wanted to protect the subscapularis."
Would this warrant 29826 ? It sounds more like a debridement to me and would be
29822. Doctor states 29826. He also did a rotator cuff repair ( 29827), so this would be the secondary procedure.
Please help, I would appreciate any answers or advice. Thank you

I agree with the debridement.

I do this one all the time 29826 is an add-on code. So debridement 29823 goes first anyway and 29826 cannot be used as a stand alone code. And the report says subacromial decompression so I'd do only 29823 and 29826. For the 29823 put the right or left modifier and you should be good.