Wiki Starting a billing service

heartyoga

Guru
Best answers
I am thinking of starting a billing service to augment our family income and have health insurance I work as biller/coder in a small rural practice. Due to the administrative burdens and increasing office cost, I am sensing our physician is getting physically tired of demands from all sides of a solo practice and may just seek employment with a group or the hospital.

I took and passed the CPC and CPB course with AAPC.

Is there any course that would help me ? I am taking a tax course and an accounting course online to equip me.

Are there other courses available at AAPC that would help me?

I saw an medical billing start up course American Medical Billing Association but it doesn't sound very legit I feel.

Thanks for your advice and support.

Hi there! I am also starting a billing service.

I recommend the CPCO course through the AAPC. I just finished the course and will sit for the certification exam sometime this year.

I also recommend that you read the OIG Federal Register section about Third-party billing companies. This will help you with your compliance program.

One other recommendation would be the book "The E-Myth" by Michael Gerber. This is a fantastic book about owning and creating a successful business.

I wish you the best in your new journey!

Hi Tanya

Hi Tanya,

I have 6+ years experience in RCM and before that did medical transcription for more than 14 years.

Please get in touch with me in case you need any help.

e-mail: rajinder_dhammi@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Rajinder Singh Dhammi, CPC