Wiki Staged Interventional Peripheral Procedure

10marty

Best answers
My cardiologist did a diagnostic abdominal angiography, with catheter movement from the renals then to the bifurcation. I will bill 36200, 75625-26 and 75716-26. He plans to bring the patient back to the lab the next day for intervention.

The next day he performs ballooon angioplasty to the left common iliac artery with stenting at this session.

Can I bill for the catheter placement for the second session, along with the plasty and stenting?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marty

My cardiologist did a diagnostic abdominal angiography, with catheter movement from the renals then to the bifurcation. I will bill 36200, 75625-26 and 75716-26. He plans to bring the patient back to the lab the next day for intervention.

The next day he performs ballooon angioplasty to the left common iliac artery with stenting at this session.

Can I bill for the catheter placement for the second session, along with the plasty and stenting?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marty

Hi Marty,
Yes, you can bill for catheter placement and intervention only. Since there is a diagnostic study, you cannot bill for a second diagnostic procedure.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC, R.T.(CV):D

Staged Interventional Procedure

Jim,

I really appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks so much.

Marty