Wiki SINGLE or DUAL chamber pacemaker??

CrystalN

New
Best answers
I have a cardiac cath lab report and I coded it as a Single Chamber Pcaemaker and the provider is telling me it is a Dual Chamber. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Description of Procedure: After informed consent was obtained, patient was placed on cahterization table. Electrocardiographic monitoring was established. The anterior cervical region was sterilely prepped and draped in the usual fashion. Local anesthesia with 2% Xylocaine was applied in the region of the anterior cervical triangle. A right internal jugular anatomy was then copmpleted utilizing a micropuncture needle set. A 6-French sheath was placed in the right internal jugular vein. A 5-Fraench balloon flotation temporary transvenous pacing catheter was positioned in the right ventricular apex. Sensing and capture thresholds were documented. A temporary transvenous pacemaker was set at a rate of 70 beats per minute, output of 5 mA, sensing 3 mV. The sheath and pacing catheter were sutured in place. The patient was then transported to medical intensive care unit in stable condition.

Thanks Crystal