Wiki Shoulder Arthroscopy with Open Rotator Cuff Repair

Emmalia

Networker
Best answers
Hi All,
Shoulders always get me, so I'd like some imput on a shoulder arthroscopy. The report reads as follows...

"...full thickness articular surface rotator cuff tear was encountered. A debridement of the undersurface of the tear was performed. The scope was then placed in the subacromial space. Using arthroscopic wand, shave, and burr, a subacromial decompression, release of coracoacromial ligament, and arthroscopic acromioplasty were performed. The distal clavicle was resected as the articular surface was visualized to be arthritic. Approximately 10 mm of the distal clavicle was resected. Bursal surface rotator cuff tear was noted and a debridement of the bursal surface of the was done with a shave. The procedure was then converted to an open procedure. The anterior portal was entended in a proximal and lateral direction. Dissection was carried down through the subcutaneous tissue to the deltoid fascia. The deltoid fibers were then split longitidunally. What was encounted was a full-thickness tear corresponding to the arthroscopic view. The edges of the tear were resected, freshening it up to viable bleeding surfaces. The junction of the articular surface and greater tuberosity was roughened up with a rongeur and a single SwiveLock Arthrex surutre anchor was placed after placing the FiberWire tape in the appropriate manner through the cuff and placing the implant into the bone through a punch. Good interference fit was appreciated..."

I always get confused when reporting an acromioplasty with the open rotator cuff repair. Thoughts on this scenario??

Thanks!