Wiki seraching for a CPT code for New Patients pre-assessment visit prior to provider visi

otrevino

Best answers
Hello,

we are a primary group and our payer mix is Medicare HMO, I am searching for a CPT code we could use on New patients scheduled for pre-assessment visits. These patient are new to the practice and we would like to gather and/or order labs (per doctors request), mammograms, and request medical records etc... prior to scheduling them with our providers.

does anyone know of a billable CPT code we could use? for new patients not seen by a provider only being pre-assessed by MA's

thank you!

Hello,

we are a primary group and our payer mix is Medicare HMO, I am searching for a CPT code we could use on New patients scheduled for pre-assessment visits. These patient are new to the practice and we would like to gather and/or order labs (per doctors request), mammograms, and request medical records etc... prior to scheduling them with our providers.

does anyone know of a billable CPT code we could use? for new patients not seen by a provider only being pre-assessed by MA's

thank you!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but an MA cannot order labs/testing on behalf of a provider that said provider has not actually seen yet ?? :confused:

I really don't think this is a billable visit, or compliant, based on the MA doing ANYTHING before the provider has seen the patient.

Yes Meagan you are correct. There can be no patient encounter prior to the provider seeing the patient and ordering the appropriate paln of care. An MA cannot be the initial provider to see the patient. The provider must see the patient first and then determine the appropriate studies to be performed.

New Patient Pre-assessment Code

This work is part of the new patient visit work. There is not a separate CPT code for it. One of the reasons why a new patient visit pays more than an established patient visit.

Maryann