Wiki Septin 9 methylated dna

navila0508

Contributor
Best answers
ANYONE ELSE DEALING WITH LABWORK THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO DETERMINE IF THEY HAVE THE "INDICATOR" FOR COLON CANCER BY BLOODWORK????

HAVE A PATIENT WHO HAS A POSITIVE RESULT AND OUR DR WANTS TO PERFORM A COLONOSCOPY. HE IS 42.

SAYS HE IS CONSIDERED HIGH RISK?
QUESTION IS HOW DO WE CODE THIS? ABNORMAL LAB R79.89? AND IS THIS CONSIDERED SCREENING? MY BELIEF IS WE HAVE AN ABNORMAL LAB THEREFORE ITS DIAGNOSTIC COLONOSCOPY UNLESS THE INSURANCE WILL HAS SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR A HIGH RISK COLONOSCOPY
HELP!:confused: TIA!

ANYONE ELSE DEALING WITH LABWORK THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO DETERMINE IF THEY HAVE THE "INDICATOR" FOR COLON CANCER BY BLOODWORK????

HAVE A PATIENT WHO HAS A POSITIVE RESULT AND OUR DR WANTS TO PERFORM A COLONOSCOPY. HE IS 42.

SAYS HE IS CONSIDERED HIGH RISK?
QUESTION IS HOW DO WE CODE THIS? ABNORMAL LAB R79.89? AND IS THIS CONSIDERED SCREENING? MY BELIEF IS WE HAVE AN ABNORMAL LAB THEREFORE ITS DIAGNOSTIC COLONOSCOPY UNLESS THE INSURANCE WILL HAS SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR A HIGH RISK COLONOSCOPY
HELP!:confused: TIA!

What prompted the blood test? Do they have high risk factors that prompted it?

In my opinion, those factors could help you decide. If symptoms prompted the test, then it's diagnostic. If something like family history of CRC at a young age prompted it, then it could be a high risk (early) screening.

AG