Wiki Selective cath placements

PeggySanders

Best answers
I need help with Medicare denial. Pt had a carotid angiogram, Dr selectively engaged RT carotid, LT carotid and then the LT subclavian. I billed 36216 for the RT carotid, 36215-59 for the LT carotid and 36215-59 for the LT subclavian and Humana Medicare is not wanting to pay for the subclavian cath placement. I have been searching for a Medicare policy for vascular families and can't locate one. The follow up staff is saying Humana says they won't pay for 2 left sided cath placements. (of course I billed the S&I codes but only having problem with the cath placement denial).
Thanks for any and all help.
Peggy:confused:

I am as perplexed as you, all three cath placements are correc they are three separate vascular families. If you hace access to the Z-Health interventional coding book, I would locate the rules for cath placements in theses vessels and submit that with the report supporting proper documentation os these cath placements.

I need help with Medicare denial. Pt had a carotid angiogram, Dr selectively engaged RT carotid, LT carotid and then the LT subclavian. I billed 36216 for the RT carotid, 36215-59 for the LT carotid and 36215-59 for the LT subclavian and Humana Medicare is not wanting to pay for the subclavian cath placement. I have been searching for a Medicare policy for vascular families and can't locate one. The follow up staff is saying Humana says they won't pay for 2 left sided cath placements. (of course I billed the S&I codes but only having problem with the cath placement denial).
Thanks for any and all help.
Peggy:confused:

Make that three perplexed.

Clearly they are not understanding that there are three vascular families involved. I think a graft/image of the aortic arch (Zhealth has great products) with a summary of each selection might help. Good luck...
:confused: